About the Assumption organ
Milwaukee German organ builders Odenbrett and Abler built the organ in 1883, and its original wooden pipe case with visible façade pipes remain. The hand-pumped organ, electrified in 1906, was replaced in 1935 by the Kimball-Welte Organ Company of Chicago and had 11 ranks of pipes. In 2004, the parish restored and renovated the organ, adding contemporary age technology, 10 more ranks of pipes and electronic enhancements. The resulting tone of the organ fits the parish’s rich German history and the sacred liturgy.